Brilliant post (via Design Observer) about the worst designed everyday objects. Including:
1. "I always wondered why umbrellas have sharp metal points right at eye-level."
2. "The standard headphones that come with IPods."
3. "Pretty much everything ever marketed as storage for spices."
4. "The design of URLs, a pet peeve of mine. Almost all of them contain redundancies or dependencies that cause them to be way too long, or likely to become broken within a matter of months."
5. "I think many would say that the rulers of the US right now are poorly designed." (Do they mean Rulers or rulers?)