You know those Pecha Kucha nights that always sound like such fun? The people at ilovedesign.com are putting on a similar event called 8x8 on 1st July. This one might even be better as 8 creatives have just 8 minutes to talk about what inspires and motivates them. Nice and fast paced.
The speakers are all great and a lovely mix of digital and traditional. Some big names and people you might not have heard of. But you'll be familiar with all of their work. I know a few of them well and I'm really excited about the evening. Doubly excited as I'm going to be hosting, so I can fulfill my life's ambition to be Chris Evans/Terry Wogan/Ant & Dec/Simon Amstell.
You read that right, I'm hosting the event. Please leave any good design jokes in the comments. I'm gonna need them.
It's on 1st July, it's a bloody bargain at £15 and you can buy tickets here.
Here's the full list of brilliant speakers.
1. Iain Tait, Creative Partner at Poke (you all know Iain, right? The best dressed man online.)
2. Vaughan Oliver (yes, Vaughan Oliver!)
3. Joel Gethin Lewis & Pete Hellicar (Joel used to be at UVA, I shared an office with him and Pete earlier in the year, very clever guys)
4. Richard Hooker, Designer and Art Director at Wieden+Kennedy (I've worked with Richard and he's an amazingly talented designer, you'll be very familiar with his work)
5. Matt Dent (coins, you all know the coins)
6. Alex Bec & Will Hudson, Co-founders at HudsonBec (keep your eyes on this lot, they're gonna be big)
7. Jamie Wieck, Designer and Illustrator at Airside (OK, I don't know Jamie. But - Airside.)
8. John Bateson (I don't know John either, but again - Roundel.)