The 'Design research urls' series was one of the best things I did on this blog so let's start it up again.
93. I really don't like it when they mess around with zebra crossings. They might look fun at first but massive black and white stripes are excellent for partially sighted pedestrians or, say, a distracted driver in a fast moving car. Optical illusions, multiple coloured bars, or typography? Not so much. They say it's meant to slow down traffic, I don't buy that at all. It may slow you down but at the price of confusion which is never worth it.
94. This is a good thread on bananas and their relatives. Or lack of.
95. I've only just found out about the Derelict London Website. Not a minute too soon as it celebrates its 20th anniversary.
96. Another thread, this time the The unintentional dystopian beauty of oil rigs.
97. All the newsletters are rubbish, apart from Guy's which is always full of things I've never seen before that are so beautiful they make me want to cry. Like this. Read then sign up here.